Market Theatre seeks artistic directorMarket Theatre Foundation
The Market Theatre Foundation, an internationally renowned arts and culture institution, seeks a highly motivated and dynamic individual as artistic director.
To guide the creation of an authentic South African cultural experience that provides the highest level of artistic excellence in all aspects of the performing arts.
- International experience and profile as a professional director and/or writer - Tertiary education with at least 10 years’ experience in a theatre discipline - At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management position with an understanding of cultural policy - Excellent skills in leading and managing education and community work - Strong artistic, strategic planning and resource management skills.
- Artistic planning and programming - Strategic management - Human Resources Management - Education and training - Fundraising and sponsorship - Administration.
Skills and experience
- Experience in international producing processes and contracts - Experience as a dramaturge, teacher or facilitator of new work - Demonstrable knowledge of marketing, attracting new audiences and retaining existing audiences - Thorough understanding of playwriting and directing - Thorough understanding of budgeting and financial management - Sound management experience in working across a diverse workforce and different cultural barriers - Outstanding analytical, communication, advocacy and presentation skills.
Candidates wishing to see the full job description can obtain this from the Market Theatre website at www.markettheatre.co.za
A competitive remuneration package will be offered depending on experience.
Interested applicants are requested to submit:
- A comprehensive CV in MS Word format highlighting main achievements as a Director and/or Writer and/or Producer
- A letter of motivation highlighting the relevant skills and experience you would bring to the role of Artistic Director
- A vision statement, including a proposed 5-year artistic programme
- Names and full contact details of three referees
The documents listed above can be forwarded to email@example.com or fax: 086 604 9724.
Closing date and time: 16:00 on Friday 1 March 2013.
Enquiries may be made by telephoning Clive H Viveiros on 011 325 5101.
Please do not send any certificates, diplomas or testimonials.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
The Market Theatre
011 832 1641
084 983 0251
Web site: http://www.markettheatre.co.za
Market Theatre Complex, Newtown Johannesburg Gauteng South Africa