Vacancy: CEO for Moving into Dance MophatongMoving into Dance Mophatong
MIDM is looking to employ a highly motivated, inspiring and multi-skilled CEO to lead the organisation into the future and build on its strengths.
MIDM an NPO and registered trust is one of SA’s foremost dance training organisations with a premier professional contemporary African dance company.
MIDM has a full-time staff of 17 people. The successful applicant will provide overall leadership and inspiration to Moving into Dance Mophatong staff and stakeholders as one of South Africa’s leading dance companies and training organisations, and as the operator of a vital cultural complex in the heart of Newtown.
- Passion for working in the arts and a courageous advocate of the transformative power of dance
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a senior management position
- A proven track record in fundraising and financial management with at least 5 years fund-raising experience in SA with local and international donor agencies, and managing private giving campaigns
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and also in a team
- Relevant tertiary academic qualification or experience in similar position
- Experience of working in, or a thorough knowledge of the NGO sector
- Excellent overall management skills (time, administrative, human resources, programming and budgeting)
- Proven track record in networking
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure, flexibility and willingness to work long hours
- Drivers license and own car
- The CEO will report to the trustees
- To lead and manage the whole organisation and its staff effectively and efficiently
- To ensure that the organisation has sufficient funding and income to maintain its operations
- To meet with potential funders and network with donor organisations, both corporate and government
- To lead the management team in strategising, and implementing all projects and programmes
- To work with the artistic and education team in marketing and promoting the organisation
- To ensure all programmes and projects are managed professionally
- To manage and control the overall income and expenditure of the organisation
- To write proposals, create budgets and reports
- To liaise with auditors, check the financial stats and write the narrative annual reports
- To initiate income generating projects
- To track fundraising efforts; provide data and analysis regarding the efficacy of campaigns and proposals
- To work with the education team in obtaining bursaries and stipends for students
- To network with other appropriate organisations
- To represent the organisation with other staff at events, performances and functions
Please send cover letter, CV with names and contact details of 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 March 2013.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cultural Development trust
011 834 7575
079 696 3109
Moving into Dance Mophatong
Web site: http://www.midance.co.za